What does the ombudsperson do?
The VCU ombudsperson provides assistance to help manage and resolve disputes, manage conflicts and learn more productive ways of communicating. The ombudsperson can offer:
- a confidential, neutral, impartial and independent perspective;
- help in clarifying issues and interests;
- assistance in identifying goals and developing and considering a range of options;
- coaching for visitors in written and verbal communication;
- appropriate referrals;
- facilitation of one-on-one or group discussions;
- a neutral third party for discussions;
- assistance to help the visitor review options and develop strategies.